Looking for a student job?
Occasional departments will post student job on the main careers site, careers.olemiss.edu.
- Select the “STUDENT”on the main page.
- Or the link, View all Student Opportunities.
You are encouraged to contact departments directly (such as the general library, student union, student housing, etc.) to find out if there are student positions available.
Congratulations on your new position! What is next?
- The “New Employee Wizard” link will be sent to you via email.
- Please set aside approximately 30 – 45 minutes to complete the onboarding process.
- When you begin to complete your onboarding information, you will be asked to create a password with a security question. Please remember this password as you will be prompted to re-enter it at the completion of this process for verification purposes. Your password must consist of at least eight (8) characters, including one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter, and a symbol or special character.
- In order to complete this online process, please make sure that you have the following information: social security number, bank details, car tag, car make/model, driver’s license, information to complete Form I-9 and emergency contact information.
- It is very critical that each employee present proof of authorization to work at any time prior to, or within the first three (3) working days of their initial employment.
Any time prior to, or within the first three (3) working days of your student employment, visit Human Resources with your original acceptable documents as outlined in the instructions. Human Resources is located at Jackson Avenue Center – Central (1111 Jackson Avenue West, Oxford, MS). Assistance is available Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm.
Submitting Your Timesheet
Travel Only: For students who only need to be reimbursed for travel (also known as “Travel Only”):
- To be set up for travel only student only need to complete the Student Directory Card (Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader) and bring the completed Student Directory Card to Human Resources with a voided check or checking account details in order for the reimbursement to be processed.
The University complies with all applicable laws regarding affirmative action and equal opportunity in all its activities and programs and does not discriminate against anyone protected by law because of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, status as a veteran or disabled veteran or genetic information. More information