The Payroll Office is committed to providing the highest level of service to the University of Mississippi community. It is our mission to produce timely and accurate payrolls for University faculty, staff, and student employees in accordance with University, state, and federal laws and regulations.
In addition to processing semi-monthly payroll, primary responsibilities include:
- Execute payroll deductions as authorized by employees or legal authorities and remit to the appropriate vendor or agency
- Respond to wage verification requests from financial institutions or governmental agencies
- Provide assistance in resolution of payroll discrepancies
- Remit retirement contributions
- Payroll tax withholding and reporting
Employee Self-Service (ESS)
Employee Self-Service (ESS) allows you to view and change some of your employee information via myOleMiss.
From ESS you may:
- Update your payroll direct deposit information
- Update your employee address and communication preferences
- View your semi-monthly pay stubs
- Elect to receive and view your Form W-2 online
- Record time worked and leave taken
Update your address in myOleMiss:
- Log into myOleMiss
- Open the Employee Tab
- Open My HR Tools Apps
- Click on “Addresses and Communication Preferences”
Fill out the “Address Details” section in the middle of the page. Then click the “Save Changes” button at the bottom of the page.
Tax Treaty Information
A nonresident alien employed by the University of Mississippi may have part or all of his wages exempt from federal withholding tax based on the tax treaty between the employee’s home country and the United States. We use IRS Publication 901 for interpretation of U.S. tax treaties.
To be considered for exemption due to a U.S. tax treaty employees must complete and submit BOTH forms below each calendar year. Please note the exemption will only be on earnings paid after the exemption is granted. There is a ten working day window for the IRS to review the request once it is received from the University.
- IRS Form 8233 and
- University of Mississippi United States Income Tax Treaty Exemption Affidavit
After these forms are submitted, a determination of eligibility will be made. If you are not eligible to claim such an exemption, you will be notified by Payroll, and tax withholding will begin immediately.
For more information please contact the Payroll Staff at 662-915-7431.