The University offers faculty and staff an array of fringe benefits.
University of Mississippi faculty and staff are eligible to receive discounted meal plans for Ole Miss dining services through the University ID Center. Please note that prices and discounts may change from year to year. To purchase a Meal Plan, call or visit the University ID Center, 1st Floor Paul B. Johnson Commons or call 662-915-7445
Tickets to Athletic Events
The Department of Intercollegiate Athletics offers discounted season tickets to qualifying employees and retired employees of the University of Mississippi. In order to protect this benefit program from potential misuse, the following guidelines are in effect for all faculty and staff new season orders or season renewals for discounted tickets:
Employment status must be verifiable by the Athletics Department through the University of Mississippi Department of Human Resources:
- The faculty or staff employee must be a current full-time, permanent employee of the University. Faculty members who are full-time and will be on the active faculty list in the fall semester are eligible as of July 1st. Must meet the above conditions at least 60 days prior to the start of each sport’s season.
- Retired employees are eligible if they retired from the University with at least 10 years of creditable employment service and they are currently drawing their retirement benefits from the state. Must meet the above conditions at least 60 days prior to the start of each sport’s season.
If the above conditions are met, subject to the athletics department guidelines designating which types of season tickets are available for discount, each employee is eligible for up to 4 discounted season tickets for: Football, Baseball, Men’s Basketball, and Women’s Basketball. Please note that ticket prices and discounts will differ year to year, season to season.
The Athletic Ticket Office has various options for payment from the employee. including payroll deduction. There is also an option for a payment plan for Football and Basketball tickets. To request ticket discounts, set up a payment plan, or request more information: call or visit the Athletics Ticket Office, or call 662-915-7167.
The Gertrude Castellow Ford Center for the Performing Arts is the on-campus theatre venue that enriches the intellectual and cultural environment of the University of Mississippi and the region by proving access to programs of performing arts, public affairs, and the humanities. The Ford Center compliments the University’s commitment to excellence in education, research, and service while celebrating imagination, innovation, and creativity. For more information on The Ford Center’s annual seasons and employee ticket discounts, call 662-915-2787.
The University of Mississippi is also home to a variety of performing arts programs including Ole Miss Theatre, Mississippi: The Dance Company, UM Cinema, and the student-run Ghostlight Repertory Theatre. For more information on these performing arts programs and employee ticket discounts:
- UM Box Office – 662-915-7411 | 301B Student Union
- Ole Miss Theatre – https://theatre.olemiss.edu/
- Ghostlight Repertory Theatre – http://www.ghostlightrep.org/
Local merchants also provide University faculty and staff with discounts. See what type of special deals are available within the community.
Retirees: Stay Connected
Retirees Association – Ole Miss Faculty/Staff Retirees Association provides an opportunity for social networking with other University of Mississippi retirees. Learn more about the programs/opportunities by visiting the association website.
RBO Brochure 2019 – dental and vision benefits offered to retirees through Retiree Benefits Options