skip to main content
Human Resources
University of Mississippi

Rebel Reserve Temporary Clerical Pool

Welcome! Rebel Reserve (RR) Temporary Service was created exclusively to serve the temporary staffing needs of the University of Mississippi. These positions are designed for individuals who are interested in sporadic, short term employment with UM. Positions will not become permanent as they are meant to alleviate any strain put on departments by special projects, abnormal workloads, emergencies, and employee absences. These positions are not benefits eligible. Individuals will not be allowed to work more than 4.5 months (cumulative) in a year (January 1-December 31). As departments need temporary relief, the University Employment Office will contact individuals who meet the skill requirements of the particular assignment. If you are interested in working as a Rebel Reserve, please review the information below.

Apply for Temporary Employment

At this time, we are not accepting new applications for Rebel Reserve. If you wish to be contacted when the posting opens, please submit your contact information here.

You can apply for Rebel Reserve employment at UM by submitting your resume at the RebelJobs if the posting is listed on our website. Typically, the position opens twice a year to accept new applicants. After you apply with Rebel Reserve, we will contact you if we need additional information or would like to schedule an interview for a possible job assignment. Rebel Reserve accepts resumes from individuals with a wide variety of skills, education, and experiences. Please keep your resume updated.

Hire a Rebel Reserve Temporary Employee

We are committed to providing excellent customer service and responding to your temporary staffing needs in a timely and professional manner. Requesting temporary staffing is easy. Just complete the online Rebel Reserve Request form and submit. After submitting the request form, an HR staff member will be in touch with you regarding the next steps.