Learning + Development
The Learning and Development area’s primary goal is to offer the University of Mississippi’s staff and faculty an opportunity for continual growth. Our seminars cover an array of topics to improve your professional skills and personal development.
Continuous learning is the minimum requirement for success in any field. – Denis Waitel
Making the Commitment
These sessions are provided for your personal and professional development, but keep in mind that when you register you are making a commitment to attend. If you are not sure that you can attend, wait to register until you have checked your calendar for conflicts. Once you have registered, be sure to add the training workshop to your calendar and save the registration confirmation email for easy withdrawal access.
The LEAD Series
Learn more about our LEAD Series that offers courses of interest to individuals, supervisors, and directors. More.
The University of Mississippi is a proud host site of the annual Leadercast conference on leadership. Learn more here.
Contact Jasmine Ayers via phone (662-915-5431) or email (email@example.com) for assistance.
Programs On Demand
Supervisors, you may request customized training for your team at your office or workplace. The following courses are available now:
- Cross the Line
- Winning & Dealing (Dealing with Difficult People)
- Everest – The Elements of Success (Leadership & Teamwork)
- Excelling as a First Time Manager
- FISH (Employee Motivation)
- Give ‘Em the Pickle (Customer Service)
- Going the Distance with Professional Communication Skills (Face-to-face, telephone, and email etiquette)
- It’s Okay To Be The Boss
- Managing a Student Workforce
- Search Committees: Efficient & Effective Processes
- Strategies for Change Management
- The Respect Advantage (Diversity)
- Time & Energy Management
- We’re in the Band
If you would like to offer programs to your team, please contact Jasmine Ayers.