New Hire Enrollment Information
All benefit-eligible faculty and staff must attend a Benefits Orientation. Newly eligible employees will receive a welcome email from the Benefits Team indicating the date and time of the virtual group session. If unable to attend the virtual group session, newly eligible employees may access the recorded presentation below. Employees will need their University-issued username and password to log in. Participation in the live virtual session is strongly encouraged.
- Benefits Orientation (PERS) (slides in pdf format)
- Benefits Orientation (ORP) (slides in pdf format) *Participation in ORP is available for employees holding specific positions as mandated by state law.
As a reminder, newly eligible employees have 31 days from their date of hire or date of eligibility to review benefit offerings and submit enrollment forms. The Enrollment Packet must be completed and submitted whether electing or waiving coverage. Additional forms may be required for specific benefit elections. Please reach out to the Benefits Team via phone or email for the appropriate forms.
New Hire Enrollment Forms (PERS eligible employees)
New Hire Enrollment Forms (ORP eligible employees) *If enrolling in PERS, Form 1 and Form 1B should be submitted to Human Resources. If enrolling in ORP, Form 4E-ORP should be submitted to Human Resources.
Forms may be submitted via one of the following methods:
- Fax to (662) 915-5836. *Employees may dial only 5836, if faxing from a University fax machine.
- Drop off or Campus Mail to the Human Resources Department located in the Jackson Avenue Center – Central at 1111 Jackson Ave West.
- Secure File Upload. *Please include your personnel # in your file name.
- Postal mail to
Human Resources Department
University of Mississippi
PO Box 1848
University, MS 38677
Need help completing New Hire Enrollment Forms? Watch the 15-minute recorded Paperwork Completion Session for assistance.