skip to main content
Human Resources
University of Mississippi

Form 3 – Revisions to Student Stipends


Change (or correction) in status: title, position, classification, compensation basis, separation for stipend students.

Section – Select Employee

* Personnel Number – Enter the personnel number or click on the double window icon at the end of the field for the Search Personnel box, if you don’t know the personnel number.

The current Student information will populate in the “Current Employment Information” section.

Section – Recommend Change

Select the appropriate reason from the drop down menu, *Form Section

Change in Title/Classification or Compensation Basis – Only enter the information that reflects the recommended change.  Do not include any information that is not changing.

Change in Cost Distribution Only – Select “Change in Cost Distribution Only” under Click on the “Add Account” button to include the account information

Separation of Employment – “Last Day of Actual Service” is the last day the employee will be paid also known as the last day on the payroll.  Do not submit a Form 3 to “separate” an student transferring out of your department to another department on campus.

Change of Name – Include a reason for the name change (married or divorced).  The name cannot be entered until the student provides a new social security card.

Section – Notes and Action

Include a brief reason or justification for salary changes


Funding source change requires the Provost’s and Budget Office’s approval only if it involves a 10 account

Student stipend forms require at least the department head’s approval

Related Policies:

Employment of Students

International Student Employment