Human Resources

University of Mississippi

Worker’s Compensation

The University of Mississippi provides workers’ compensation benefits to all faculty, staff, and student workers who are injured performing work while in the course of University employment.

AmFed is contracted to provide administrative services and is responsible for reviewing claims, determining benefits, and processing payments for expenses incurred and loss of work wages.

Employees and student workers injured on the job shall notify their direct supervisor or department head when an injury occurs.  The department has 48 hours from date of injury to complete the Workers’ Compensation Injury Report Packet and submit to the Department of Human Resources.


Where Should the Employee Receive Medical Treatment?

The University authorizes initial treatment for workers’ compensation injuries at 2 locations in Oxford. For minor injuries, the employee or student worker shall be escorted to Employee Health on the 2nd floor of the V.B. Harrison Health Center to seek medical services.  Care for serious injuries shall be provided by medical personnel at the Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi emergency room.  Should the injured employee or student worker voluntary elect to receive initial medical treatment from an unauthorized medical care provider or facility, they must complete the Choice of Physician form which is available in the Human Resources office.



Mississippi Workers’ Compensation Notice of Coverage

Workers’ Compensation Injury Report Packet

Report Injury or Illness Flyer

Questions about filing a workers’ compensation claim should be directed the Department of Human Resources Benefits Staff at 662-915-7431.