Frequently Asked Questions
Eligible Employees? (Who needs a performance review?)
- HIRED PRIOR TO 10/1/2018: A year-long performance review form available online on connectU was created for employees hired prior to 10/1/2018.
- HIRED ON OR AFTER 10/01/2018 AND ON OR BEFORE 03/30/2019: Employees are eligible for a half year-end review, in addition to the probationary review. The step starts in September and Objectives must be entered into the “Objectives” module prior to October.
- HIRE ON OR AFTER 4/1/2019: Employees will be eligible for the year-long review in 2020. The probationary review will be the mechanism for feedback in 2019.
Are the quarterly reviews and mid-year review mandatory?
The quarterly check-in (March and September) and mid-year review (June/July) are not mandatory; however the year-end review is required and it will be more meaningful if the employee and supervisor participate throughout the year.
My listed organization chart is incorrect.
The organization charts represent the information included in SAP. Email hr@olemissedu regarding your organization chart.
I can’t submit the form.
Have you entered an objective in the Objective module? The performance review form requires a minimum of one objective and a maximum of five.
The performance review form is available during a window of time. Please refer to the performance review calendar: https://hr.olemiss.edu/performance-steps-and-dates/
When is the form due?
The steps and “at the latest” dates are listed at https://hr.olemiss.edu/performance-steps-and-dates/
What does “Auto-routed overdue document” mean?
This means that the previous “owner” of the form (who had the form last) did not submit the form prior to the deadline. The form was automatically routed at the close of the previous step’s window. The form moved to the next step and generated the email.
How do I know where my form is in the process?
Employees and supervisors always have access to locate the form. Please use the drop down menu at connectu.olemiss.edu and select “Performance.” If the form is not in your mailbox, select “En Route” for details.
What else do I need to know?
Click image for full PDF file with valuable information and links
I need more help.
Drop In Hours for Performance Management/connectU Assistance
(no registration required)
- Wednesday, December 4th, 10AM-11:30AM , Weir Hall 107 (PC Lab)
- Friday, December 6th, 9AM-10:30AM, Weir Hall 107 (PC Lab)
- Thursday, December 12th, 2PM-3:30PM, Weir Hall 107 (PC Lab)
- Monday, December 16th, 1PM-2:30PM, Weir Hall 107 (PC Lab)
- Wednesday, December 18th, 9:30AM-11AM, Weir Hall 107 (PC Lab)