Form 18 – Student Employment
The purpose is to hire Students on an hourly basis.
The form is used for a new assignment (include an end date – no later than 3 years), to change an existing student hourly assignment, to extend a student assignment and to separate a student from employment.
In order the complete the form the following information is required:
- Purpose (New Assignment, Extend, Change, or End Assignment)
- Effective Date (start date in the position)
- Anticipated Stop Date (not to exceed three years)
- Maximum Hours to Work Per Week – Note the maximum allowable hours
|Maximum Allowable Hours|
|All US Citizens or Permanent Resident||25 hours per week|
|International Student Employees on F-1 or J-1 Student Visa||20 hours per week|
- Time Administrator
- Hourly Rate (the minimum is currently $7.25/hr and recommended is at least $7.40)
- Cost Distribution (Cost centers and multiple cost center percentages must equal up to 100%)
The form may be routed directly from the department to Human Resources. No additional approvals are required for Student Hourly employees processed on a Form 18.
A member of the Human Resources team will send the student an email containing a link to the Onboarding wizard to complete the required forms. Paper forms are not available.
The student is required to visit Human Resources to provide acceptable I-9 supporting document(s) as required by federal law. The student cannot receive a paycheck without completing this step.
- The form may not be entered immediately; please, hold the telephone calls
- The student will receive an email with the link to complete required forms. Ensure the email address is accurate and remind the student to check their email.