Form 1 – Personnel Employment
Personnel employment that was not processed through a formal search within connectU.
For personnel hires processed through a formal search within connectU, refer to the instructions on how to process an offer approval.
- Each Temporary Instructors’ assignments and retirees’ appointments
- Each temporary or Rebel Reserve assignment
- Each periodic/On-Call positions
Form 1 Temporary Instructors
- If a form is to includes a pay rate for the semester, do not use the “Per Course” rate, use “Semester” or “9 months”
- “Per Course” is used only if a Form 40 will be submitted for payment of services.
- Only use academic contract dates for 9 Month or Semester Appointments
- Recurring appointments, refer to previous E-Form (if same title/appointment) for the position number
- Employment Percentages for Faculty:
1 – 3 credit hour course = 25%
2 – 3 credit hour courses = 50%
3 – 3 credit hour courses = 75%
4 – 3 credit hour courses = 100%
Temp 1 Hires – Temporary appointments less than 4.5 months or Periodic
- An appropriate classification must be used and paid within the new hire rate. The employee must meet the minimum qualifications for the classification.
- Assignments must not exceed 4 months. NO Exceptions to the 4 months – extensions will not be approved. Be sure to include the anticipated temporary end date.
- All Temp 1 hires are paid on an hourly basis.
- The candidate will require a background check.
“Is the employee retired and currently receiving benefits from PERS?” is questioning whether the candidate has already retired from a state agency and is receiving retirement benefits.
The funding source should be identified by SAP position number
For Salaried Positions – If funded from wages or another category, prepare an E-Form 22 to move the funding to salaries (reference E-Form 22 on Form 1).