Online Open Enrollment Will Begin October 1, 2019
During Open Enrollment, employees have the opportunity to make benefit changes through an online system via myOleMiss for the entire month of October. With 24/7 access, employees can review benefit plan information and proceed through the enrollment process at their own convenience.
This webpage is designed to make Online Open Enrollment as easy as possible by providing:
- access to information about insurance plans
- instructions for completing enrollment applications and/or Evidence of Insurability for the following coverage
- State Health Plan – enrollment application
- State Life Plan – enrollment application and Evidence of Insurability
- American Heritage Cancer & Dreaded Disease and Intensive Care – Consolidated Enrollment Form and Evidence of Insurability
- Life of Alabama Cancer & Dreaded and Intensive Care – Consolidated Enrollment Form and Evidence of Insurability
- Long-term Disability – Benefits Summary
- UNUM Life Plan – Benefits Summary
- instructions to guide the employee through the online enrollment process
Information about Insurance Plans
Information about insurance plans can be accessed by visiting the Human Resources Benefits webpage. This website defines benefit options and provides the link to vendor websites.
The State and School Employees’ Health Insurance plan will experience a 3% premium rate increase effective January 1, 2020. If you wish to change your coverage (i.e. add/drop family members, switch plan option from Select to Base or Base to Select, add or drop coverage) due to the premium increase, the election must be made during Open Enrollment. The 2019 and 2020 premium rates are available for viewing on the Plan’s website.
Instruction for Completing Enrollment Forms
Each insurance plan listed below has a link to instructions for completing enrollment applications. Please note that completing an enrollment application is only one step in the enrollment process. Employees must also add new insurance plans, change existing coverage, and cancel/drop plans via the online system. The enrollment process is not finalized until both steps are complete.
Enrollment forms and information sheets can also be accessed by selecting the plan name below.
- State Health
- Delta Dental
- Davis Vision
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- American Heritage
- Life of Alabama
- Flexible Spending Account
- State Life
- Long term Disability
Instructions for Navigating Online Open Enrollment
Are you looking for instructions on how to complete the online enrollment process? Look no further. There is a Tutorial available to guide you through the process.
Calendar of Onsite Visits
Mark your calendar! Insurance providers will be on campus throughout the month of October to visit with employees about plan benefits, premiums, and to answer personal questions. An Open Enrollment Calendar is provided. Reminders will be posted on UMToday.
If you have questions after utilizing the above referenced resources and tools, do not hesitate to contact the Human Resources benefits team for assistance.
(by alpha range: last name)
A – H Krisden Jernigan, Human Resources Associate email@example.com or 662-915-7446
I – Q Teresa Yarbrough, Human Resources Assistant II firstname.lastname@example.org or 662-915-1228
R – Z Glenna Bachman, Human Resources Assistant II email@example.com or 662-915-5690
Human Resources : Phone: 662-915-7431 / Jackson Avenue Center – Central / fax: 662-915-5836