Online Open Enrollment Will Begin October 1, 2021
During Open Enrollment, employees have the opportunity to make benefit changes through an online system via myOleMiss for the entire month of October. With 24/7 access, employees can review benefit plan information and proceed through the enrollment process at their own convenience.
This webpage is designed to make Online Open Enrollment as easy as possible by providing:
- access to information about insurance plans
- instructions for completing enrollment applications and/or Evidence of Insurability for the following coverage
- State Health Plan – enrollment application
- State Life Plan – enrollment application and Evidence of Insurability
- American Heritage Cancer & Dreaded Disease and Intensive Care – Application for Life and Health Insurance (AHL)
- Flexible Spending Account – Consolidated Enrollment Form, FlexCard Form, and Direct Deposit Form
- instructions to guide the employee through the online enrollment process
Information about Insurance Plans
Information about insurance plans can be accessed by visiting the Human Resources Benefits webpage. This website defines benefit options and provides the link to vendor websites.
The State and School Employees’ Health Insurance plan will experience a 6% premium rate increase effective January 1, 2022. If you wish to change your coverage (i.e. add/drop family members, switch plan option from Select to Base or Base to Select, add or drop coverage) due to the premium increase, the election must be made during Open Enrollment. The 2021 and 2022 premium rates are available for viewing on the Plan’s website.
Instruction for Completing Enrollment Forms
Each insurance plan listed below has a link to instructions for completing enrollment applications. Please note that completing an enrollment application is only one step in the enrollment process. Employees must also add new insurance plans, change existing coverage, and cancel/drop plans via the online system. The enrollment process is not finalized until both steps are complete.
Enrollment forms and information sheets can also be accessed by selecting the plan name below.
- State Health – To access the informational video (includes the State Health Plan, Active Health, and the CVS Caremark Prescription Drug Plan), click here.
- Delta Dental – To access the informational video, click here.
- Davis Vision – To access the informational video, click here.
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment – To access the informational video, click here.
- American Heritage Cancer – To access the informational video, click here.
- Life of Alabama Cancer – To access the informational video, click here.
- Flexible Spending Account – To access the informational video, click here.
- State Life
- UNUM – To access the informational video and “how to” claim information, click here.
- Long term Disability – To access the informational video, click here.
Instructions for Navigating Online Open Enrollment
Are you looking for instructions on how to complete the online enrollment process? Look no further. There is a Tutorial available to guide you through the process.
Plan Representative Consultations
Insurance providers are available to discuss plan benefits and to answer personal questions via individual consultation. Some plan representatives have scheduled campus visits while others will be available via phone or virtual meetings. The calendar of onsite visits and plan representative contact information is provided.
If you have questions after utilizing the above referenced resources and tools, do not hesitate to contact the Human Resources benefits team for assistance.
(by alpha range: last name)
A – L Krisden Jernigan, Human Resources Associate
M – Z Teresa Yarbrough, Human Resources Assistant II
Sherelyn Gooch, Human Resources Generalist
Human Resources : Phone: 662-915-7431 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Jackson Avenue Center – Central / fax: 662-915-5836