State and School Employee’s Life Insurance
State Life Insurance Plan
As a participant in the Mississippi State and School Employees’ Life Insurance Plan, you have access to affordable group term life insurance coverage. For more information on the options available to you, including eligibility and definitions, visit the state’s group life insurance site.
Coverage is guaranteed issue for new hires or employees who recently became eligible for benefits when enrollment is completed within 31 days of the qualifying event. All late applicants are subject to underwriting.
More information, including for service retirees is available at: https://web1.lifebenefits.com/sites/lbwem/mississippi/plan-details/plan-at-a-glance
To Designate Your Beneficiary Online:
Beneficiary designations with the State Life Insurance Plan are made online via myBlue which is a secure & confidential system that is managed by the State Health Plan.
- Log into Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi: https://www.bcbsms.com
- Click on the “My Benefits” tab
- Click on the “Life Benefits” section
- Click on the link “Click here to update your beneficiary information”
- Click “I agree” to go to Securian’s LifeBenefits site to add, view or update your beneficiary
- Click “View details or make changes”
- Enter the name(s), address and the respective benefit percentages for each beneficiary
- Securian will mail you a confirmation letter after you complete your designation