Annual Staff Performance Review
Supervisors must certify online by May 31st, www.olemiss.edu/spacert or
- Log into myOleMiss.edu and go to the Administrator tab
- Open the “HR Tools for Administrators” group
- Select Staff Performance Appraisals Certification
- Overview 13 minute video (SHIFT + link to open video in a new window)
- Overview Handout
- Instructions Only 5 minute video without background or context (SHIFT + link to open video in a new window)
- Performance Appraisal for Staff Person Policy
- 2016 2017 Performance Management Year End Review Form
- Samples of Level of Performance and Talking Points
- Additional Optional Tool: Goals, Objectives and Priorities Form
Employees hired prior to October 1, 2016 are eligible for the annual performance review/appraisal.
Probationary Reviews for Non-Exempt (hourly) and Exempt (salaried staff)
All non-faculty, non-contractual employees are on probation for a minimum period of three to six months. Guidelines are given for the supervisor to utilize during this period of time along with procedures for processing the performance evaluation. This includes the time frame for the evaluation, when the probation period can be continued and who does or does not need a probationary period evaluation.
Progressive Discipline Action Notice
Job performance is of paramount importance to the University. It is the policy of the University to assist employees in improving job performance or correcting improper conduct to avoid termination when possible. If any employee is performing unsatisfactorily or exhibiting improper conduct, the supervisor should work with the employee in an attempt to improve his/her conduct or performance. If corrective action is necessary, a system of progressive steps consisting of increasingly stronger degrees of action will normally be followed. Such actions are considered constructive measures for the correction of deficiencies in employee performance or conduct. The nature or severity of the offense will determine the first step.
The University complies with all applicable laws regarding affirmative action and equal opportunity in all its activities and programs and does not discriminate against anyone protected by law because of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, status as a veteran or disabled veteran or genetic information. More information
For more information please contact the Andrea Jekabsons at 662-915-1530.